- In this Interdisciplinary Still life Painting,
"Shadows," an original oil on panel, I wanted to explore
the spirit of the Anasazi's absence as subject matter for the
third time. I also wanted to sculpt a frame that matched the
one as subject matter in the image of the painting. First I wrote
a song at Natural Bridges Park, Utah, in an Anasazi ruin after
hiking the canyon trail which was like a great hall filled with
petroglyphs as writing on the wall. Then I painted the first
version (16" x 20" photo n/a), then the second No. 73, then I painted this painting
No. 104, which is the third version in this series, this one
having a matching sculpted and guilded frame.
- Only the clouds cast the shadow
of the Buffalo on the ground.
- In a great hall on a canyon wall
the Anasazi left
their magic message for us all.
- Love your mother earth for all
that life is worth.
- We have spread ourselves thin into
the wind, and we're
wandering with the spirits until we're back again.
- (I hope to post the copyrighted melody
at some point)