- In this Still Life Painting with Poem, "Ancient Soul,"
an original oil on panel, I wanted to create an arrangement that
would allow me to place this poem about creating Art in the subject
- Occasionally I will write a poem which I believe is a good
and solid poem, this is one of them. (the other is "Passionate
Palette", No. 151)
- ANCIENT SOUL
- Ancient is the air, alive with an evergreen scent
- of mastic and medium.
- Anxious are the virgin colors of puddled pigments
- beckoning bristles loving blendings.
- Limitless is the cosmos of the pure white canvas
- not yet ruled by lines forces and forms.
- Searching is the way beyond the illusion of a mere
- surfaces into life's depths and dimensions.
- Fearsome can be the sweetness of the act of the creation
- of an object in which the world will see my soul.
- by, Paul McMillan